Sunday, July 18, 2010

day 30..... out with the old... in with the new

We have been homeschooling for about 8 years. Over the course of time, you pick up things you love. Unfortunately, you also pick up things you don't love so much. Castaways. Partial sets. And as we get further into this blogging experience, you are going to realize that I suffer from OCD. Sometimes it is mild. But sometimes it is bad... really bad. And one of the things I can't stand is to have a "partial" set of anything. I want the entire thing. I need it. So, as I don't "need" 3 complete sets of science books for 5th grade, it is time to start selling. It is that time of year. The time of year when all of us homeschoolers are looking for new things and weeding out the unused. What I can't/don't use, someone else may be looking for it. A random book to complete a set. A teacher's guide to lead the way. This represents about 1/10th of what I need to list on ebay. There is nothing wrong with any of the curriculum that I sell. For one reason or another each item just doesn't "fit" our way of teaching or learning. It may have fit at one time or another, but you live and learn. And each child learns differently. Even this far into it, we are always looking for a better way.

No comments:

Post a Comment